Castor Oil Pack Detoxification
107 N. Acacia Avenue Solana Beach, CA 92075
Castor Oil History and Background
The castor bean (Oleum ricini) is known principally as a cathartic and extremely strong laxative. Most people are familiar with the use of castor oil orally as a last ditch option to start labor. The severe diarrhea which results sometimes can jump start the labor contractions. However, this usage is not recommended and not at all what castor oil is best for!
A castor oil pack placed over the abdomen, usually with heat applied, is extremely helpful for detoxification and lowering of inflammation. The oil is absorbed into the lymphatic circulation to provide a soothing, cleansing, and nutritive treatment.
Castor Oil Usage for Detoxification
The castor oil pack is specific for non-cancerous uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Other conditions which seem to respond well to castor oil pack treatment include headaches, liver disorders, constipation, intestinal disorders, gallbladder inflammation or stones, conditions with poor elimination, night time urinary frequency and inflamed joints.
Contraindications: Castor oil or a castor oil pack is not to be used during pregnancy, heavy menstrual flow or the presence of internal bleeding.
Castor oil Poultice Preparation
1. Fold flannel into 3 layers to fit over entire abdomen.
2. Soak flannel with castor oil. Fold flannel in half and strip excess from pack. Unfold.
3. Lie on your back with your feet elevated (use of a pillow under your knees and feet works well), placing oil-soaked flannel over abdomen, cover with a small sheet of plastic and then an old towel. Place a hot water bottle or heating pad on top.
4. Leave pack on for 45-60 minutes. Practice relaxation breathing by placing one hand on your diaphragm and the other hand on your lower abdomen. As you breathe in, force your lower abdomen to swell like a balloon. With each breath out, practice relaxing your jaw and shoulders. As you practice more, relax all muscles in your body. You may even fall asleep and wear the pack all night.
5. To remove the oil, wash with a solution of 2 tablespoons of baking soda to 1-quart water or BioKleen Citrus Soap.
6. Store the castor pack in the refrigerator in a large zip-lock bag. Add more oil only as needed to keep the pack saturated. Replace the pack after it begins to change color.
7. For maximum effectiveness, apply the pack as often as possible- at least 4 consecutive days per week for at least 4-6 weeks. Daily use provides the most beneficial effects.
Apply the castor oil directly to your abdomen without the flannel pack. A sheet of plastic covers the oil soaked skin, with towel on top. A hot water bottle or heating pad is applied. This is often applied for the entire night and in the morning the castor oil will be totally absorbed through the skin.
This is the best method for young children. Use old sheets as the castor oil permanently stains.
More Information on Healthy Ways to Detox
Subscribe today and gain access to my exclusive & FREE weekly newsletter packed with the latest health news, Real Food recipes, video how-to's, special discounts and much more!