Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
The Japanese nuclear disaster as it has been unfolding over the past few years has once again demonstrated that even the most earthquake prepared nation on earth is relatively helpless in the face of Mother Nature’s fury.
While some progress has been made in certain areas in containing the disaster such as the restoration of grid power to Reactors #5 and #6, a doomsday scenario at Fukushima Reactor #4 is still potentially unfolding as the spent fuel rod pool appears to be structurally compromised preventing its filling with water and threatening the overheating and explosion of exposed rods. Such an explosion would release tons of radioactive uranium into the air to be picked up by the jetstream and carried around the world.
Reactor #3 is also a serious concern as highly toxic “MOX” fuel resides at this location. MOX fuel is 2 million times more toxic than enriched uranium. Just a few grams would contaminate surrounding areas for tens of thousands of years.
I no longer consumed any seafood from the Pacific ocean if I can avoid it, especially tuna, which are known to swim quite close to the Japanese coast.
The decreasing and now zero coverage of this story by Mainstream Media (even though radioactive water continues to pour into the Pacific over 5 years later) can only be described as shocking and irresponsible.
Even more alarming, officials seem to be glossing over recent news of food contamination. Fava beans imported to Taiwan have tested for low levels of radioactivity despite the fact that they came nowhere near Fukushima. In addition, Japanese raw milk and spinach within Fukushima prefecture have also tested for contamination, although officials have deemed the levels so small as to pose no threat to human health. The reasoning? A person drinking the tainted milk for one year would “only” be exposed to the equivalent of one CT scan.
One CT Scan?
One CT scan is a lot of radiation exposure, particularly if the radiation exposure does not abate due to contamination around Fukushima that poisons local food and water supplies for years to come. What these officials seem to be purposely ignoring is that radiation exposure is cumulative – one can never reduce one’s lifetime exposure.
In fact, an increasing number of doctors deem CT scans simply too dangerous for children’s long term health and recommend that these high powered x-rays only be used for a life threatening emergency.
Consequently, it seems prudent that those in the path of the jet stream take precautionary steps to protect themselves from the radioactive plumes blowing in their direction.
Tips for Radiation Protection
Dr. Tom Cowan MD, author of Fourfold Path to Healing, described the following as wise steps in this regard in a recent email newsletter:
- Make sure to include special foods in the diet that have been shown to counteract radiation sickness. These foods include naturally fermented miso, beets, kombucha, and sea vegetables such as kombu.
- Detoxifying epsom salt baths using a cupful every couple of days is an inexpensive aid to boosting magnesium levels, relaxing muscles, and aiding the elimination channels.
As for medicines, Dr. Cowan recommends the safest and most proven aids in radiation exposure,
- Vitamin C in the form of the highly absorbable liposomal C (1 tsp a day in any liquid, half that dose for children younger than 5). Do not use sources of synthetic ascorbic acid or worse, GMO Vitamin C.
- The herb eleutherococcus, otherwise known as Siberian ginseng (one tablet twice a day for adults, half that dose for children younger than 5. For children unable to swallow pills, the tablets can be dissolved in hot water and mixed with any liquid. For tinctures use as directed on labels and half dose for children).
- A seaweed called modifilan, a brown seaweed that is rich in a chemical called fucoidan, which studies have shown has great promise in combating radiation exposure. This seaweed has liberal amounts of iodine, so the more toxic potassium iodine need not be taken at this point (3 capsules twice a day for adults, one capsule twice a day for children younger than 5. It can be mixed with any soft food, like applesauce).
What About Potassium Iodide?
Dr. Cowan suggests caution with regard to potassium iodide:
- As for potassium iodide, this is a much more aggressive measure, and many people will have some trouble with the high doses that are suggested. But, if public health authorities say it’s time, then it should be used – but only then.
- In that case, the dose is 130 mg of KI for adults and women who are breastfeeding, 65 mg for young people ages 3 and 18, children who are adult size take the adult dose, and infants and children between 1 month and 2 years should take 32 mg, newborns to infants 1 month old should take 16 mg.
- The best source for potassium iodide is from your local pharmacy or by ordering Iodoral online.
Hi, Sarah. I’m wondering if you know of a good homemade recipe for liposomal C. If so, could you make a video demonstration? I’ve made some, but not sure if the proportions are ideal or not as there are conflicting recipes out there. I went with one that is most similar to what I have for vitamin C & lecithin- which is Pure Radiance C and liquid (100% organic & mechanically derived) sunflower lecithin. I ended up using 8 TBSP of the lecithin (mixed with 8 oz of distilled water) mixed with- 4 TBSP of Pure Radiance C mixed with 8 oz organic apple juice (to help the flavor). Do have any idea what would happen if I used too much lecithin? Would it prevent the vitamin C from being absorbed? I’m using it for my baby recovering from brain cancer and chemo. Thanks!
I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled upon it, and am worried…I had a CT scan for kidney stone in September of 2013, so about 6 months ago. I also breastfed my then 12 month old twins about 6 hours afterward. I did not, at that time, know how much radiation this exposed me (and potentially them) to. I wish I could take it back! Is it too late to do the detoxing methods you mention for myself and/or my kids?
Es verdad que es laa unica ocasion que he leido este blog y tengo que decir que me esta gustando y posiblemente me tendfas mas frecuentemente por aqui.
what causes acne breakouts
Great article it is certainly useful.
legal hgh supplements sytropin
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw
away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving
us something enlightening to read?
The theory of acupuncture is that the body has energy
pathways called meridians. If your usual sleeping position is on the
side, place a small pillow in between your knees. Fiber (Cellulose) does not get digested in stomach and make the stool soft and easy to pass from the elementary canals.
Hey there! Terrific blog post! Please keep us posted!
Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in truth was a leisure account it.
Glance advanced to more added agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we keep up a correspondence?