vitamin d in mushroomsThe majority of the US population today, anywhere from 30% to 80%, are suffering from a wide variety of symptoms related to vitamin D deficiency (1).

This is concerning because scientists have found that not only is it necessary for calcium absorption in order to build strong bones, but vitamin D plays a major role in many body processes such as brain development and plasticity,

swimming in natural watersAfter over two years of searching, we’ve done a happy cannonball into our new home in the Vermont mountains. Quite literally.

We just purchased the remodeled No. 6 school house in our little town. We even have the original carved schoolhouse sign from when it was first built in 1882!

Even better than the historical features (at least in the kids’

red palm oilWhen it comes to tropical oils, coconut gets all of the attention.

Smooth and slightly sweet, coconut oil has become the glamorous starlet of the health food industry in recent years. It is a fame that has been rightfully won: with metabolism-boosting medium chain fatty acids and an impressive trace mineral content,

bottle of probioticsOur digestive system is home to at least 500 different bacterial strains  Ideally, 85% of the bacteria in our gut is beneficial to our health.  When the vast majority of gut flora is of the friendly variety, the remaining 15% which are pathogenic bacterial strains and yeasts are easily handled and kept under control.

homemade corn dogsWhen I was a kid, a corn dog on a stick dipped in ketchup was one of my all time favorite foods.

Corn dogs as food?   Mmmmm.

Well, maybe not food!

“Ingestible” might be the more appropriate term here!

Even the supposedly “healthy” corn dog brand I checked out recently at the healthfood store was not acceptable.

weight loss shakes

By Sandra Brougher, CNT

“Lose 20 lbs. in 30 days!”
“Say goodbye to illness and regain your life!”

Don’t these marketing blurbs for weight loss shakes sound awesome?

Short, enticing phrases that are specifically designed to elicit an instantaneous, strong emotional reaction.

 “I want that!”

It is no secret that we all want to look fantastic and feel great,

focacciaI’ve been puttering around in the kitchen this summer experimenting with different gluten free and grain free flours both alone and in combination. In particular, I really wanted to nail a low carb homemade focaccia recipe.

Learning how to easily bake delicious breads, cookies and pastries with various flour combos – both grain and non-grain based –

Pin It on Pinterest