Consuming these high protein foods like protein powder is a huge risk to your health. It is best to completely bypass the high protein aisle at the health food store. If you need some protein, do what traditional peoples did: eat meat or eggs.
Dirty Secrets of Protein Powder Processing
Why protein powder is unhealthy:
1. High-protein, low-fat results in the depletion of fat-soluble vitamins, particularly vitamin A. Ask Randy Roach, a bodybuilder who became blind using protein drinks. Filed as top secret in U.S. government files: People in Guatemala became blind when given skim milk powder as food aid.
2. High protein processed foods cause autoimmune problems, fatigue, thyroid problems, cancer, etc. The most fundamental lesson of traditional cultures: they never ate lean meat.
3. Proteins are very fragile– high-temperature processing denatures the proteins, the body must mount an immune response.
4. Lots of additives, carcinogens formed during processing (nitrates, etc.) Others added to these powdered mixtures. Tend to be high in MSG (also
formed during processing)
5. Where does the whey protein powder come from?? It is the waste product of conventional cheese making, confinement cows, etc. This is a similar story for other protein powders. They are a waste product from manufacturing something else. Soy protein is a waste product from making soy oil, etc.
This protein powder thing is scary as this stuff is not REAL FOOD! It is amazing that health-oriented people are so scammed by the protein powder fad. If you can’t make it in your kitchen, isn’t that a huge red flag that this is a factory food that is best avoided?
A Natural Protein Boost
If you need a protein boost, try using collagen made from grassfed animals. Be sure to get a quality brand tested for purity, as some are testing high in glyphosate!