by Sarah TheHealthyHomeEconomist
August 14, 2014
One of the most important fundraisers for the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund each year takes place at Ground Zero of the sustainable farm movement in the United States:
Polyface Farm in the Shenandoah Valley of beautiful western Virginia, home to best selling author/farmer Joel Salatin who is featured in the award winning documentary Food Inc. and in food writer/guru Michael’s Pollan’s book Omnivore’s Dilemma.
This year, the fundraiser is officially known as Food Freedom Fest and it will take place September 5-6, 2014.
I am hosting a $1600 giveaway to this amazing event along with my friend, Jenny McGruther of Nourished Kitchen and we need your support to put this fundraiser over the top (we are within striking distance of our goal!)
Here’s what you’ll get if you win this amazing $1600 giveaway
- Deluxe tour of Joel Salatin’s Polyface Farm, one of America’s most innovative sustainable agriculture projects
- TWO tickets to the 2-day, 3-event, 5-meal Food Freedom Fest
- TWO nights lodging at the historic Stonewall Jackson Hotel in Staunton, Virginia
- Travel Voucher for up to $500
- Private meal for TWO with Jenny, of Nourished Kitchen, and Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist, on Thursday night (September 4) before the event kicks off
- All meals will feature nutrient-dense foods and grain-free and dairy-free options are available.
- an engaging conference featuring distinguished and successful activists for food freedom;
- an evening street fair featuring local vendors and live entertainment
Experience Foodie Paradise - for Free!
Won’t you please join me in supporting this worthy cause? This raffle ends at midnight EDT on Friday, August 15, 2014, so don’t delay!
To get you even more excited about this $1600 Food Freedom Fest giveaway, I would like to share a few photos with you from my idyllic day in paradise at Polyface Farm last year.