Survey Results: Are Unvaccinated Children Healthier?
Nearly 12,000 surveys have been filled out so far, and while this project is ongoing, the results are starting to be published.
Please note that only the health of entirely unvaccinated children was evaluated. Parents were also asked to review the birthing records for their children to ensure that their baby had not mistakenly received the Hep B jab before being taken home.
I am happy to report that all 3 of my children participated in this survey. I am proud to have been part of this important, worldwide effort to help inform the public about the clear and present dangers of vaccination.
The market for vaccines is expected to surpass $36 billion dollars by 2013. Vaccines are clearly an important growth industry for Big Pharma. Just witness the rapid increase in the childhood vaccination schedule from 3 shots in 1950 to 68 vaccines by age 11-12 today (25 of those by the age of 6 months)!
In 1986, it cost a parent about $80 for her child to receive every government recommended vaccine. In 2011, it cost $2200! Clearly, vaccines are one of the fastest growing sectors of the pharmaceutical industry. $4 billion in tax dollars are spent every year purchasing vaccines for health clinics in the United States alone.
Big Pharma does not want the results of a survey like this to be published as it threatens their very reliable and growing oil well of profits: childhood vaccination. This is why surveys like this will never be reported objectively on the evening news or in major newspapers.
Who Participated in the Survey?
75% of the surveys were filled out in English and 25% in German. Most of the respondents were from the USA followed by the UK, Canada, and Australia.
Slightly more completely unvaccinated children are male than female and the children are primarily between the ages of 0-2 years of age followed by 2-4 years and 5-6 years. This makes sense as the momentum against vaccination has only gained steam in the past 5 years or so.
Most of the children participating in the survey were breastfed for longer than 6 months and their parents preferred natural or homeopathic remedies to allopathic (drugs/surgery) methods for illness intervention.
Over 99% of the parents who chose to completely unvaccinate their children were happy with their decision. Can the same be said for those who choose to vaccinate? I highly doubt it. I hear from people all the time who greatly regret their decision to give into doctor or family pressure to immunize.
The biggest reasons for not vaccinating were a concern over the ingredients and that the shots would be ineffective. 25% of respondents had seen a vaccine reaction in a friend or family member and had decided not to vaccinate for that reason.
One respondent wrote:
As a speech-language pathologist in the pediatric setting, I have seen many cases of children having seizures within 36-72 hours following routine vaccines with a traumatic regression in the child’s brain and language and overall development. I feel in my heart, it is linked to vaccines and do not want to subject any of my children to this.
Are Unvaccinated Children Truly Healthier Than Vaccinated?
Ok, let’s get down to brass tacks. Are unvaccinated children really healthier?
Here are the stats:
- Less than 10% of unvaccinated children suffer from allergies of any kind. This compares with 40% of children in the USA ages 3-17 reporting an allergy to at least one allergen and 22.9% with an allergic disease.
- .2% of unvaccinated children suffer from asthma. This compares with 14-15% of vaccinated children with asthma in Australia, 4.7% in Germany, and 6% in the USA.
- 1.5% of unvaccinated children suffer from hayfever. This compares with 10.7% in Germany.
- 2% of unvaccinated children had neurodermatitis. This auto-immune disorder affects over 13% of children in Germany.
- ADHD was present in only 1-2% of the unvaccinated children. This compares with nearly 8% of children in Germany with ADHD and another 5.9% borderline cases.
- Middle ear infections are very rare in unvaccinated children (less than .5%). In Germany, 11% of children suffer from this problem.
- Less than 1% of unvaccinated children had experienced sinusitis. This compares with over 32% of children in Germany.
- Only 4 unvaccinated children out of the 7,600+ total surveys reported severe autism. In all 4 cases, however, the mother tested very high for mercury. In the USA, approximately 1 in 100 children suffer this neurological illness and 1 in every 38 boys in the UK.
These results are no surprise to those who chose to not to vaccinate their children. While not vaccinating is no guarantee of health for your child, the odds are certainly in your favor of far fewer problems both in the short and long term should you forgo immunization.
It seems by quite a landslide that unvaccinated children are indeed healthier than vaccinated children.
Another large comparative study of vaccinated versus unvaccinated children published in May 2017 unearthed similar findings (source).
For those parents on the fence or still contemplating their decision, the results of these surveys should help bring into sharp focus the slam dunk of not vaccinating.
Still have questions? See all my posts on vaccination by clicking here.
To view the entire survey results, click here.
Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist
Comparative study of vaccinated versus unvaccinated children May 2017
Sarah Pope has been a Health and Nutrition Educator since 2002. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Weston A. Price Foundation.
Sarah was awarded Activist of the Year at the International Wise Traditions Conference in 2010.
Sarah earned a Bachelor of Arts (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) in Economics from Furman University and a Master’s degree in Government (Financial Management) from the University of Pennsylvania.
Mother to three healthy children, blogger, and best-selling author, she writes about the practical application of Traditional Diet and evidence-based wellness within the modern household. Her work has been featured by USA Today, The New York Times, National Review, ABC, NBC, and many others.