American College of Pediatricians Sounds Alarm About HPV Vaccine (Gardasil)Updated: January 25, 2018 Vaccination
The purpose of the statement is so that “individuals considering the use of human papillomavirus vaccines could be made aware of these concerns pending further action by the regulatory agencies and manufacturers.”
The connection between HPV vaccines Gardasil and Cervarix and premature ovarian failure (POF) in adolescent girls within weeks to several years of receiving these shots.
To its credit the American College of Pediatricians (ACPEDS) wants parents and physicians to know of of its concerns and is apparently not confident vaccine manufacturers or the FDA will do so adequately. The ACPEDS has identified these concerns as legitimate and ones that should be addressed immediately. Scott S. Field MD writing on behalf of the organization outlined the situation as follows (1):
(1) long-term ovarian function was not assessed in either the original rat safety studies or in the human HPV vaccine trials.
(2) most primary care physicians are probably unaware of a possible association between HPV4 and premature ovarian failure and may not consider reporting POF cases or prolonged amenorrhea (missing menstrual periods) to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
(3) potential mechanisms of action have been postulated based on autoimmune associations with the aluminum adjuvant used and previously documented ovarian toxicity in rats from another component, polysorbate 80.
(4) since licensure of Gardasil® in 2006, there have been about 213 VAERS reports (per the publicly available CDC WONDER VAERS database) involving amenorrhea, POF or premature menopause, 88% of which have been associated with Gardasil®. The two-strain HPV2, CervarixTM, was licensed late in 2009 and accounts for 4.7 % of VAERS amenorrhea reports since 2006, and 8.5% of those reports from February 2010 through May 2015. This compares to the pre-HPV vaccine period from 1990 to 2006 during which no cases of POF or premature menopause and 32 cases of amenorrhea were reported to VAERS.
Premature Ovarian Failure in Young Girls from Gardasil
Dr. Field writes that the cases of POF point alarmingly to Gardasil because the “overwhelming majority (76%) of VAERS reports since 2006 with ovarian failure, premature menopause, and/or amenorrhea are associated solely with Gardasil”.
Additionally, Dr. Field writes that “when VAERS reports since 2006 are restricted to cases in which amenorrhea (period stops) occurred for at least 4 months and is not associated with other known causes like polycystic ovary syndrome or pregnancy, 86/89 cases are associated with Gardasil, 3/89 with Cervarix, and 0/89 with other vaccines administered independently of an HPV vaccine”.
Is Polysorbate 80 the Toxic HPV Vaccine Ingredient Causing Premature Menopause in Girls?
You may want to sit down for this one. The ridiculously inadequate “safety trials” of Gardasil prior to its release actually used a placebo that contained the toxic ingredients polysorbate 80 as well as an aluminum based adjuvant.
Hence, these “safety studies” that were anything but never would have uncovered the alarming problem of POF prior to approval by the FDA to unleash this poison on our young girls.
Dr. Field writes about this jaw dropping oversight (or fraud?) by the vaccine manufacturers as follows:
Few other vaccines besides Gardasil® that are administered in adolescence contain polysorbate 80. Pre-licensure safety trials for Gardasil® used placebo that contained polysorbate 80 as well as aluminum adjuvant. Therefore, if such ingredients could cause ovarian dysfunction, an increase in amenorrhea probably would not have been detected in the placebo controlled trials. Furthermore, a large number of girls in the original trials were taking hormonal contraceptives which can mask ovarian dysfunction including amenorrhea and ovarian failure. Thus a causal relationship between human papillomavirus vaccines (if not Gardasil® specifically) and ovarian dysfunction cannot be ruled out at this time.
How could any self respecting scientist testing these vaccines knowingly use a placebo that actually contained some of the ingredients in the vaccine itself that was the subject of the clinical trial? The placebo used should have been a simple saline placebo!
This is not science folks, this is science for sale. Worse, it is happening all the time.
Protect Your Daughters from the HPV Vaccines!
Due to the clear and obvious problems that not a single safety trial specifically addressed premature menopause and ovarian failure, the lack of use of saline placebos, and the majority of study participants in “safety trials” taking hormonal contraceptives which would have masked any problems indicates that there is no meaningful data to rule out a negative long term and permanent effect on ovarian function in women injected with Gardasil and Cervarix.
While a Vaccine Safety Datalink study to specifically research HPV vaccines and POF is planned, it will likely be many years before results will be determined. In addition, Dr. Field writes “Plus, POF within a few years of vaccination could be the tip of the iceberg since ovarian dysfunction manifested by months of amenorrhea may later progress to POF”.
To his credit, Dr. Field has contacted the maker of Gardasil, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make known the concerns of the American College of Pediatricians and request that:
- More rat studies be done to look at long-term ovarian function after HPV4 injections.
- The 89 VAERS reports identified with at least 4 months amenorrhea be reviewed by the CDC for further clarification since the publicly available WONDER VAERS database only contains initial reports.
- Primary care providers be notified of a possible association between HPV and amenorrhea.
Predictably, the FDA has so far responded only with spin saying that they “will continue to conduct studies and monitor the safety of HPV vaccines. Should the weight of the evidence from VAERS or VSD and other sources indicate a likely causal association between POF and HPV vaccines, appropriate action will be taken in terms of communication and public health response.”
If you want grandchildren, skip HPV vaccination with Gardasil or Cervarix for your daughter!
Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist
UPDATE: Snopes has incorrectly identified this article as “fake news”, which is typical because this organization is industry funded and always sides with conventional thought. This story is 100% accurate. Please click over to the website of the American College of Pediatricians linked to in this post for confirmation.
Source and More Information
New Concerns about the Human Papillomavirus Vaccine, American College of Pediatricians, Dr. Scott Field, January 2016
Gardasil: Guarding or Gutting Our Youth? by Kelly Brogan MD
The Healthy Home Economist holds a Master’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Mother to 3 healthy children, blogger, and best-selling author, she writes about the practical application of Traditional Diet and evidence-based wellness within the modern household. Her work has been featured by USA Today, The New York Times, ABC, NBC, and many others.