Mussels and Sausage in White Wine, Garlic and Parsley
1. Place saute pan on a medium to high flame.
2. Add 1 TBS butter to pan and melt.
3. When butter has stopped foaming, add sausage and saute for 2 minutes
4. Add 1/2 the sliced garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
5. Add mussels and saute, getting the mussels coated in butter, salami and garlic (another 2 minutes or so).
6. When the mussels open, add the 1/2 cup of wine and cover for 3 minutes.
7. Uncover and check to see if all the mussels have opened (when a mussels holds tight and does not give up its shell it is not fit to eat. please do not pry it open).
8. Remove mussels from the pan with tongs and place in a clean bowl.
9. To the boiling liquid, add the rest of the garlic, 3 TBS of butter and the chopped parsley and allow to reduce for a minute or two.
10. Put the mussels back into the liquid to incorporate all flavors.
11. Using tongs put the mussels back in the bowl, pour the broth with sausage over the top and serve.
Enjoy this delicious mussels and sausage dish with a glass of the same wine you cooked the mussels in!
About the Author
BORN AND RAISED IN NY, EMILY DUFF HAS BEEN COOKING PROFESSIONALLY IN NYC SINCE 1988. EMILY WORKED FOR FARMERS WILKLOW, BRADLEY AND DENT FROM 1989 — 1991 AT THE TRIBECA WASHINGTON FARMERS MARKET AND BROOKLYN, GRAND ARMY PLAZA GREENMARKET. HER CAFÃ‰ HENRIETTA’S FEED & GRAIN (1993) WAS ONE OF THE FIRST EATERIES TO EMPLOY A COMPLETELY SEASONAL MENU BASED ON THE BOUNTY OF LOCAL GROWERS FROM NY AND NJ. THE FEED & GRAIN EARNED HER A REPUTATION OF BEING A CHEF TRUE TO FLAVOR AND RESPECTFUL OF INGREDIENTS WHILE CREATING AND SERVING HONEST, DELICIOUS, HEALING FOOD. EMILY ENJOYED COOKING IN RESTAURANT KITCHENS ALL OVER NYC UNTIL SHE RETIRED IN 2002 TO CONTINUE HER WORK IN PRIVATE CATERING AND PLAN A FAMILY. IN 2005, AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO HER DAUGHTER, EMILY SET FORTH ON A DEDICATED PATH OF LEARNING IN THE FIELD OF TRADITIONAL NUTRITION AND NATURAL HEALING. THE BIRTH OF HER SON SOLIDIFIED HER DEDICATION AND SAW A MARRIAGE OF HER PASSIONS: HEALTH & WELLNESS, FOOD & FAMILY. FAMILY2TABLE IS HER VEHICLE FOR SHARING ALL THAT SHE HAS LEARNED IN HER 20 PLUS YEARS OF WORK. YOU CAN READ HER BLOG AT FAMILY2TABLE
Subscribe today and gain access to my exclusive & FREE weekly newsletter packed with the latest health news, Real Food recipes, video how-to's, special discounts and much more!